Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wedding

Today is my daughter's wedding. Everyone has told me that I won't be able to get through the ceremony without crying. Probably not . . . but my goal is to honor my little girl by officiating at her wedding, not to keep from crying.

The tears today are truly tears of joy. It has been a busy week with much going on. I have seen some of the heartache that goes on in the lives of others and as I look at my life I realize that I am such an undeserving recipient of a tremendous grace. We have been blessed with tremendous children, wonderful grandchildren, and a marvelously supportive family. My cup overflows.

Rachel is a remarkable, talented, and delightful woman and I like to think she has also found a remarkable man. He knows the Lord, is tender, patient, kind and seems to delight in making my dear Princess happy.

There is so much I'd like to express to Rachel today but I know there won't be time to say much. Hopefully, I've said it all already. I don't think there is any "unfinished business" between us. All that's left are the moist eyes of a very proud father.